Friday, October 14, 2011

Letter 9 — Someone you wish you could meet

Dear President Obama,

I don't know you and you certainly don't know me.
I'm actually surprised that your name came up when I thought about who I wish I could meet because... even if I could have voted... I wouldn't have voted for you. There are numerous reasons but in the end it comes down to values for me and Democratic values don't seem to sync with my more... conservative (Republican) values.

Why would I want to meet you? Because even though I wouldn't have voted for you, someone did. Lots of someones did and you won and you are now the President of the USA, a country I love very much. And I believe you are doing the very best that you can to manage and lead it.

I suppose I'd just like the opportunity to sit down and understand you more. Understand the many many influences that affect your decision making. I'd like to truly understand your heart. It's not just because it's "you"... it would be any president really. We often gripe and complain about all these decisions being made in Washington and we think we know what's going on based on what we hear from well written speeches and news channels trying to make a buck... but I tend to think we hear maybe 20% of the truth... (maybe?)

So what's the real deal? What's really going on over there in your world?

Would you tell me? If we met...
Renee

1 comment: