Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Letter 7 - My ex-boyfriend

Dear ex-boyfriend,

There were ex-boyfriends before you and ex-boyfriends after you, but today I'm writing to you because you're the one that I lusted after harder than any other. I broke your heart and you broke mine. Teenage love is quite complicated and ours was no different.

I want to thank you for never making me feel pressured to do anything I didn't want to... for treating me like a lady (you know... a 15 year old lady). For walking quite a distance to walk me to school (seriously thoughtful!) and for calling me and paying attention in an appropriate manner. And for fighting for me even when I didn't deserve it or accept it.

Our very brief teenage fling(s) taught me about the consequences of my actions and words in a "real" relationship. You were my first try at something more mature and I'm grateful it was you whom I got to share that with.

I pray that you are doing well in your current relationship and that I blessed your life, as you did mine.
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment