Monday, October 10, 2011

Letter 4 - Your sibling

My sweet J...

What a bumpy road we've been on, you and I... :)  We've had quite the tumultuous relationship and I'd do it all over again if it meant we'd have the relationship we do today.

We are so completely different but we share a history, a present and a future. We are the product of our parents love and sacrifice.

Our lives are far greater than what we thought it would be when we were little girls. I have far less children than what we talked about and you have far more! I live in the "big city" and you are a "small town" girl.  You live close to Mom and Dad, whereas I moved thousands of miles away. It's funny isn't it? How things are never quite how you planned? They still end up just the way they are supposed to.

You've grown so much in the last few years. So much so that it's hard to believe you are still the same girl I grew up with. Your outlook on life is so much different. I love to be able to share about motherhood with you and listen to you over the phone as you cry about life's hardships and know that I can do the same.

I love you the way you were, the way you are and the way you'll be. Not because I have to but because I choose to.

I love you,
"The good sister" :)
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment