Friday, October 21, 2011

Letter 12 — The person you hate most/caused you a lot of pain

Dear Ms. Person...

I don't hate anyone or anything but I have to admit... you tend to be a pain in my butt. You are the person who triggered my very first anxiety attack. That's pretty crazy. 

I love calmness, predictability and appropriateness... all of which you struggle with. It's ok to be the way you are, to let emotion overtake you and to go with the feelings, but for me... I can't do that. I can't be around someone who's behavior I can't predict.

I've known you for a while now and I love you. I think you have a good heart. I also think you struggle deeply with all kinds of emotional junk (as we all do) that you can't seem to work through. I get that. And I'm sorry for your past and I'm sorry for your hurts.

From now into the future, we'll have to see each other once in a while and communicate over family matters, but today... today I choose to protect myself from future hurts and future drama. Today I choose to limit my involvement with you in order to protect myself and my children from hurts that may come from your instability.

I love you and will continue to love you and I wish you nothing but the very best,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment