Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Letter 14 — Someone you’ve drifted away from

Dear C...

We still keep in touch... a little. But we used to be so much more into each other lives.

You are from a chapter in my life that seems like a lifetime ago and... it really could be. A time when we were both trying to figure out where we fit while struggling with some major bumps in the road.  You lost your sweet baby girl just a year before we ever met but when you speak of her still today, I hear the heartbreak behind that smile. When V passed it shook us all to the core. So many choices made, so many lives changed.

What I admire about you is the way you always, always, overcome. You have this spirit inside you that refuses to give in to depression or self-pity. You have a heart of gold. You forgive, you forget, you move forward. And you don't judge.

What beautiful memories I hold onto because of you. Our wild ride to Canada, the "meese" we got to see, the amazing support and love you gave me when I miscarried as well as the support you gave me at my very first RockFest (was that really support?!). :)

I love you, C. I wish you lived closer and I wish I wasn't so rotten at keeping up with people who move away. You are an amazing woman. Thanks for (still) being my friend.

Love,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment