Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving top 15

1. Who do I appreciate? God, B, the boys, my family and friends.

2. How am I fortunate? How am I not fortunate? I am blessed beyond belief. I have so much more than so many, not only material but mental and spiritual buckets are full beyond belief.

3. What material possessions am I thankful for? My car, my home, my phone, my computer.

4. What abilities do I have that I'm grateful for? I am very organized, stubborn

5. What about my surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) am I thankful for? I love where I live. I love the school district, I love the location, I love the resources that are available to me.

6. What experiences have I had that I am grateful for? Growing up in small down Canada. It's beauty, closeness, experiences...

7. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that I am grateful for? So many. I got married, my dad fought and beat cancer, I gained a bonus daughter, the boys are growing physically and spiritually every single day, I've grown closer to my family, I've started letting old wounds heal...

8. What opportunities do I have that I am thankful for? My job has afforded me many opportunities in my professional growth. Because of those opportunities I've been able to also have personal growth.

9. What have others in my life done that I am thankful for? Forgiven me. I'm a mess and I say and do the wrong things all the time. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing.

10. What have others done that I am benefiting from in my life (even if I don't know who those people are)? Christ died for me. That says it all.

11. What relationships am I thankful for? My husband, B. We are both very stubborn people who know exactly how we want things done... but during these past 4 months I've learned a lot about love, acceptance and who I am because of his love, acceptance and independence.

12. What am I taking for granted that, if I stop to think about it, I am grateful for? Indoor plumbing. Seriously. Thank you God!

13. What is there about the challenges/difficulties I have experienced (or am currently experiencing) that I can be thankful for? Divorce. It taught me what I'm truly made of. It put all my faults and strengths in the forefront and I had to use those to move forward.

14. What is different today than it was a year ago that I'm thankful for? Today, I feel more stable in all aspects of my life... and we all know how much I love stability.

15. What insights have I gained that I am grateful for? A few people had told me that once you reach 30, you just don't care what people think anymore. I'm not sure if that's an age thing or just a wisdom thing... or maybe both. But that's where I am. I've gained self assurance. Of course I still struggle with it, but not as much and for not as long. I am who I am. I stand firmly on my foundation that is built on Christ and my faith in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment