Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Letter 20 — The one that broke your heart the hardest

Dear... well, you know who you are...

You broke it. You broke it hard.

My world shattered. Everything I thought was real wasn't.
You devastated me. You broke me. You changed me.

And I want to thank you.

Thank you for loving me when you did. Thank you for giving me two amazing and beautiful children. Thank you for standing by me as I grew. Thank you for dreaming with me. Thank you for laughing with me and thank you for crying with me.

Life has a way, doesn't it? It's not at all how I imagined it to be. Broken. Divorced. Un-trusting. Faith, however... it does have a way of taking the broken, the sick, the helpless and making it new and whole again. God is amazing. God is forgiving. God is real.

So things didn't turn out the way either one of us wanted. The way things ended hurt.
My heart aches for the hurt but it appreciates the lessons it taught. I forgave you a while ago and although I still carry the scars, they not only remind me of the pain that was caused, but the beauty that was found.

I pray you find peace, love and all things beautiful.
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment