Friday, November 4, 2011

Letter 25 — The person you know that is going through the worst of times

Dear Mom and Dad,

It's almost been a year since Dad's surgery. It's been an intense year with ups and downs and more downs followed by a few more ups.

Who knew cancer would hit our family? My daddy? He's always been so healthy and has always been in good shape - most 20 year olds would have loved a body like his! :)

But then cancer hit our family, like it does millions of others. It's different when it's yours though... because, it's personal. The future is uncertain for everyone, but when cancer takes a hold, it seems it makes life's uncertainties more obvious.

You're marriage has had it's ups and downs and I'm sure, it will continue. But this last year has really given me a true respect for you both and your commitment to one another. Sure, you've both gotten down, depressed, angry, frustrated, but you've managed to lift one another up. That's a beautiful thing.

I pray that you continue to find strength in one another and our Heavenly Father as you continue this fight, together. I may be a thousand miles away but know that I carry you in my heart, my mind and soul, daily.

Je vous aime,
votre bebe... Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment