Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Letter 30 — Your reflection in the mirror

Dear reflection,

When I see you I don't cringe like I used to. We're both happy about that one. :)

 I'm not looking at the outer shell the way I used to. Don't get me wrong... there's always room for improvement, but it's the shell I presently have that daily reminds me of my beautiful, blessed life.

  • The stretch marks from carrying three babies and delivering two healthy ones.
  • The scar on my chest that indicates a clean biopsy.
  • The ring on my left hand reminds me that God gives second chances at love.
  • The creases around my eyes from having a life full of laughter.
  • A long scar on my left hip left by a very awesome doctors who helped heal my hip disease.
  • The extra junk in the trunk that indicates wonderful food and fellowship I share with some amazing people.
  • The newly sprouting "tinsel" in my hair that remind me of my parents and the genes they've passed on.
  • The scars behind my ears from the cosmetic surgery that helped raise my self esteem.
Quite honestly, this shell, the reminders of those blessings and many more have made me more more attractive over the years. Attractive not because of the physical, but because of the emotional. Because of the shell is an outside indication of an inward change and growth.

You, my reflection in the mirror reflects my physical self... but my physical self reflects my heart.
Love,
You

No comments:

Post a Comment