Thursday, March 21, 2013

You and me

My mother loves to tell stories of this small child who was determined from birth. Who was very sure of what she wanted. Always. Hair, clothes, shoes. She decided and there was no changing of minds. She didn't mind proving her point with solid arguments.

She and my mother battled over dinner and she struggled with textures in foods. She had a wild imagination, loved to draw and tell stories. She was a star student and loved to make her teacher happy. She made lots of friends and was loyal to them all. She had a silly sense of humor and loved to get a laugh from people.

She had a sweet heart. And she loved cuddles and words of encouragement.

I smile when my mother tells me these stories, because she's speaking about me. But all I think of is you, Monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment