Saturday, March 16, 2013

Blessings

I found myself in a world of "I" last week.

You know the one?
I worked hard for this.
I made those choices so that I could get this. 
Why does she get that when I did (insert whatever here) and I am stuck here.

I "I'ed" the heck out of my week. And then I said one of those statements out loud. I realized what I had been doing. And I realized why I was feeling the way I was... because I lied.

I didn't do a thing.
I don't deserve a thing.
I certainly don't run the show.
And I don't want to.

Yes. I work hard. When I commit to something, I give it my all. I was raised to give it my all in everything I do, but I choose to give it my all for my King. The results... I didn't create them.Tons of people work harder than me. We don't get to decide what blessings we receive. That's God's. And it's a good thing we don't. Because if we did, we'd choose all wrong.

Job 1:21
and said:
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
    and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
    may the name of the Lord be praised.”

Blessings surround me, love overflows my heart, and He is the reason for it all. I will stand firm on His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment