Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Being Christian

It's a combination of a comment left on my Facebook page and the current sermon series at church (Proverbs)...

How the world sees Christians... followed up with... what does it mean to be a Christian?

Christians are often held on a high moral pedestal. We are viewed differently by society. I get it. We rely on a really old book as our "how-to" guide on life. Some believe it's outdated. Some believe it's irrelevant. Some believe it is God's Word. I happen to be in the group that believes, trusts, acknowledges it as God's Word.



I am authentic. I'm not going to fake it. I'm real. I'm raw. And I'm a mess. I make mistakes. I say things I shouldn't. I struggle with the exactly same things non-Christians do. Being a Christian doesn't mean I have my crap together, cause if it did, I would have been kicked out of that family a looooonnnnnggg time ago. Being a Christian means I have this beautiful Heavenly Father whom I talk to daily, who I serve, who I cling to in my time of needs, who I worship weekly, and with whom who's other children I grow in His family, the church. Being a Christian means I have given Him my whole soul and I trust Him with all that I am.



I am very aware and agree that as Christians, we are to be held at a different standard because we are followers of the King of Kings. It's an honor to be one of His followers. And as I worshipped on Sunday and we sang I let the tears flood my eyes because, as it often does, it hit me how broken and imperfect I am. I am one big mess and He loves me.


No comments:

Post a Comment