Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Distance

I knew it would come.
The time when my heart realized what my head has known for months. We are not going "home" this year.

We are taking the kids to Disney instead.

I am super excited about Disney and we are beyond blessed to be able to take this trip. It will be memorable. I know this.

But my heart aches for the lake. For the trees. The loons. The cottage. The hikes. The town. The family. My family.

And it will be about 15 months before I will see them again. Nearly 2 years without a hug from my momma. Another two years until my dad and I get to hang out chatting in the garage. A long while without late night conversations and long walks.

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder... Fonder... Maybe. Tender. Definitely.

1 comment:

  1. Agh!!!!!!! I am sorry! :( Not sorry for Disneyland, but sorry for the missing.

    ReplyDelete