Friday, February 13, 2015

Love, Books, and Pizza

We celebrated Valentine's Day last night with a love filled family dinner and sweets. Interestingly enough, I haven't been a huge fan of Valentine's Day because I love to just love on people all year round, but it's also fun to go overboard one day per year.

We've done this for the past 3 years, but I really feel like last night was the best one we've had by far.

I searched through Pinterest for lots of fun ideas and I found a ton... I picked out a few that I liked (decorations, drinks, activity) and we went with it.

We had pink soda, heart shaped pizza, and ice cream sundays... and tons and tons of chocolate.
By far our favorite thing was our "Love Book".

Earlier this week, I gave each member 5 pieces of paper that said "I love you because..." and they filled in the rest for each family member. I tried to lay low on the instructions but I tried to guide by saying this should be about the person and their qualities, not about you or how they make you feel.

SUCCESS!!!

Our household ages range from 8 to 71 and everyone loved reading what we loved most about them. I actually got a few "We need to do this again next year!" comments. That my friends, is a success in my book.

What do you do for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment