Sunday, February 1, 2015

Learning

I'm laying in bed while B naps... the electric blanket is on "10", doing a little work, doing a little surfing and doing a lot of relaxing.

I'm gearing up for another busy week at work and as my mind starts shuffling through my to-do list, I'm taking a moment for me. To read blogs, to watch him sleep, to lay here.

It's wonderful and horrendous at the same time. My "Type A" mind is running through my endless to-do list but my heart and soul are relishing the moment.

Melting away my have-to's is a goal of mine for 2015... well... it's been a goal for many, many years but as I get older, I'm learning... sssslllllllooooooowwwwwlllllyyyyy... but it's still happening.

To be present. To enjoy laying here. Listening to the pattern of his breathing. Feeling his hand on my leg. Getting lost in my own thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so this isn't just a thing that people with slight ADD do? I have SUCH a hard time living in the moment. I'm always thinking about the next one. Thank you for this! I'm going to join you! ;)

    ReplyDelete