Monday, February 9, 2015

Love Notes

I've been writing a note to the 5 peeps I share a home with for the past 9 days. I intend to go all the way through to 14th (Valentine's Day).

I did something very similar last year and the kids loved it. This year I added my mother-in-law and husband to the mix.

These notes take just a few moments but they reset my mind and heart. I try my best to write things that are specifically for that person. As the days go by and I continue to write the notes, I have been thinking more and more about the legacy I will leave and the way I live now.

How will they remember me?
How are my words helping them?
Do they know just how much they are loved and treasured?
Do they know that their worth is not based on what I think or you think or what they think? That's its based on what He thinks - and he thinks greatly of them.

I wonder if I'm making every single second of my time with them and here on earth count for something.

Maybe these little notes mean nothing to them... but for now, I'm going to believe they penetrate their hearts because they penetrate mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment