Thursday, February 5, 2015

I cried.

I don't watch the news.
I don't search for it on the internet.
I've tried to be more aware. I really have. But I can't.

I get emails from FaithIt.com and those keep me up to speed on the good in the world.
B is the one who keeps me somewhat aware of the other stuff. He keeps it to a minimum, shielding me from most of it.

Sometimes the tiny pieces of the wrong pile up and then... I cry. Last night, I cried over the cancer taking over my friend's great-niece. I cried over the woman at church who lost her baby 30 minutes after birth. I cried over the broken relationships surrounding me. I cried over the man who was burned alive by ISIS. I cried.

I cried. I read my Bible. I lay there silent, taking it in. I cried over what we are losing because of our sins and the sins around us. I cried because sometimes, you do it all right, and still it's all wrong.

He is coming back. He will right all the wrongs. He will save us from ourselves.
He is my shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment