Friday, October 3, 2014

The Calendar

I wonder when the calendar will look differently.
Looking at it now, it's a little hard to figure out what color the background is as the ink from the pen fills the tiny squares with plans. Practices, games, church events, family stuff... it's full.

I keep them all, you know... the calendars from years gone. I keep them as a reminder that like the weather, our family's seasons change too.

We are drivers, and counselors, and disciplinarians, and encouragers, and holders of secrets, and wipers of tears, and comedians, and memory makers.

Our calendar reflects our family's walk through this world, the good and the bad.

I've gone back and forth about getting one big dry-erase wall calendar but I can't bear the thought of losing our history with one quick swipe of the board.

Instead our season of life is pinned up to our refrigerator as a reminder of our plans... but more importantly, it reminds us of our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment