Friday, October 10, 2014

An 8 Year Old Monkey

8 years of loving on one very sweet little curly blond haired boy.
8 years today.

I can't yet grasp the leaps and bounds you seem to make every single year.
Not only do you grow physically, but your spiritual and personal growth are astounding.
Astounding. I know, right. Big word. Big truth.

You get so very excited about everything.
You love a good party.
You are a tree climber.
You love to hammer things into wood (or whatever I'll allow!)
You love the Ninja Turtles and all things superhero.
You don't care very much about pleasing the crowd.
You are shy in public and not at all at home.
You love to learn.. currently your favorites are Junie B. Jones, Flat Stanley, and Encyclopedia Brown.
You talk about baptism and what it means to you.
You talk about the world around you and the unfair state of it...
You love to argue your points.
You have an amazing memory.
You love snuggling.
You are a homebody.
You love to play baseball and skateboarding.
You love to draw books and make up stories.

Our family jokes that we have a very strong umbilical cord keeping us together, you and I. When I am there, so are you. I know it won't last long, but I'm going to relish it while I can.

I love you, Monkey.
Happy 8th birthday!
Momma
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment