Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Soaring Souls

Parent/Teacher conferences are coming up and I've started a list of questions to ask... And they aren't the typical ones. 

I've been thinking about these little people God has entrusted to me and I am thinking about their growth, their maturity and their place in this world. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I am far less concerned about their grades and their placement in the State assessments and far more concerned about their heart and their soul's place in this world. 

Are my children kind?
Do they look out for their friends?
Do they show respect to all those around them? 
Do they participate and encourage others to do the same?
Are they a team player?
Do they work hard (regardless of grades)?

Yes. Grades are important. 
Yes. I want and expect them to be challenged. 

But where grades are temporal, their souls are eternal. 
In their school world, are their souls soaring as an example of Christ in them or does if flounder with a failing grade?

From what I see... They are passing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment