Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Why I blog

This blog started years ago when I was in therapy.

My therapist said I needed a place to journal my feelings and thoughts without continually falling into the blame game (blaming myself for the destruction of pretty much everything – I’m very good at it). And this blog is my way of finding peace in all situations… a way to capture my life, my feelings, the “junk” I’m working through. And after years, I realize I want to have something to look at when I’m old and gray and say “Yes, I see the Lord very clearly in my life and I have grown in Him and with Him.”

Sometimes I blog about silly things, sometimes it’s more deep. At first it was a lot about my divorce because let’s face it, it was all consuming. But as I read through past blogs, the goal of my blog is actually coming to fruition. I see my ups and downs through the posts. I see where my heart was at the time. I see the yucky and I see the good.

If you read this blog, I hope you see it too because it’s a very personal opening into my heart. This blog was never meant as something public, I don’t publicize it, but obviously I can tell that people read it. I’ve heard from a couple who said they could identify and found themselves thinking of their own lives differently because of some of the posts. That’s pretty stinking awesome.

It’s a very rare day when I don’t ask the Lord to help me to be the salt and the light in this world.

You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. – Matthew 5:13-16

And I fail. A lot. I am not perfect. I will never be perfect. But I am trying to do good. I am trying to be less like me and a whole lot more like Him.

If you know me, if you know my heart… well you know that my blog posts aren’t about hurting, they are about learning and finding joy in the now, in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment