Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 thus far

2011, I think you're a keeper. In these first 5 days I've been content with you. I've found you to be quite calming compared to your brother, 2010.

I like to think it's the year and not my age (ha!) that has made my heart and soul calmer, richer. Topics that made my heart anxious and nervous in 2010 don't have the same effect in 2011. I feel rested in my head. Don't get me wrong, there are still a billion thoughts constantly swirling up there, but they aren't screaming for attention, for comfort. They are just swirling. Giving me things to think about.

I feel, strangely enough, more stable. More sure of myself. Lots of plans and things I'd like to do, but at the same time, I don't feel rushed to do them. I know that 2011, like any other year, will have it's own ups and downs; that it makes no promises for an easy ride and I look forward to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment