Thursday, January 13, 2011

When the fight begins

The fight never really begins at the beginning. Marriage, pregnancy, divorce, cancer... life. The fight begins later. When you least expect it. When you think you have it all figured out. Decisions have been made, paths forged and plans set, that's when the fight begins. It's in those days who you are is revealed, when you and everyone else witnesses your weaknesses and strengths.

Making a decision can seem difficult but the actual execution of it is what takes work.  My dad's fight with cancer is a perfect example. Knowing he had cancer didn't take work, deciding what to do wasn't a huge step but now... fighting to recover, willing, praying, hoping his body into what is now his new "normal", takes work. Finding a new life after so much has been physically taken away - that's the fight.

I think about my life decisions. My reaction to major life changes. I know myself well enough and cringe at the thought of some of my weaknesses but I also know that my strengths are what carry me through life ,with faith being my best strength. I pray that my children will learn to forgive my weaknesses and learn from my strengths and that you will too.

2 Corinthians 8:21
For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment