Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Devoted

Last night's devotion was another thought provoking one. In short it stated that we should be devoted to the person (God) and not the cause. We should mimic Paul as he saw nothing else, lived for nothing else.

I often find myself devoted to the cause. The event I'm working on, the person who needs my help, the next project, the next thing. As these "projects" are underway, I get caught up in the excitement and thrill of them. I need to be more purposeful and take time to remember, throughout the project, that the reason these things excite me is because God blessed me with gifts and through those gifts (organization, creativity, etc) I can execute projects for His glory. The focus should always be Him and the events or projects are for Him.

I am not doing the work for the things I love but the things I love for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment