Friday, January 14, 2011

God and me

God has a plan for me. Proverbs 16:1-4; Jeremiah 29:11
God wants good things for me. Romans 8:31
God loves me. John 3:16
God is with me. Isaiah 41:10
God is in control. God is in control. God is in control.

The last statement's the one I have to cling to the most. There are many but one thing I better understand my issues with control. I'm normally not a crazy controlling witch, however when my world shifts (in my mind it's kind of like an earthquake, where things shake and shift and crack and sometimes fall apart) my controlling "part" comes out. In order to make my heart/mind feel better this part of myself will do whatever it takes to settle my soul. Honestly, I lived the last few years of my marriage with my control issues front and center. I didn't feel secure.

I'm feeling a bit of that creeping back up and I see that I'm doing and thinking things that are out of character for me. I'm doing the only thing I know to do. Pray.

God is in control. God is in control. God is in control. And I am not.
That being said. Please excuse any psychotic (out of character) behavior I may subject you to - I'm still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment