Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm so vein...

I lived much of my 3rd through 8th grade teased about a variety of things (as did most).
I had ears that stuck out.
I had a uni-brow.
I had some hairy legs.
I had a mustache.

Yep. Recipe for one messed up elementary experience.

In my eighth grade year the health care (in my native land - Canada) announced that after that year, it would no longer allow cosmetic surgeries to be a health care benefit. That's the year I let the government pay for my insecurities; I got my ears stuck back.

I took what God deemed wonderfully and fearfully made and modified it to minimize mean taunts. I'm not saying that it was right or wrong. I still struggle with the choice. Would I do it again? You betcha.

That year I also discovered a razor... for my brows (yeah, I know - bad, bad, bad!) and my legs.... and I found this for my upper lip issues. I grew up that year.

And when I entered high school the following year... the boys took notice.

I've since learned that I should wax or pluck my eyebrows, shaving my legs isn't as glamorous as it once was and the bleach... she's still one of my bestest friends. We meet about every two to two and a half weeks, whether I can see anything or not. I've seen the result of grown up girl 'staches and I can't let myself go there.

But here I am again. More imperfections.

I went to see doctor today about my latest body issue. My varicose veins. They've slowly been creeping up on the sides of my knees and it bothers me. A lot. Cause they are hereditary and I know what happens when it's not treated now.

I'm heading back in a few weeks to start the procedures. 2-3 treatments and those things should be gone... and my vanity... should be restored.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment