Friday, April 27, 2012

SAHM vs. WOHM

Stay-at-Home-Mom (SAHM) vs. Work-Outside of Home Mom (WOHM)

I've read way too many blogs, articles and watched way too many interviews on this subject.

Here's the dealio people. Both of them have challenges. Both of them have benefits. Both of them cause anxiety and both of them cause great joy.

I truly believe that, regardless of whether my kids were "raised" in daycare (oh how I hate that phrase) or if I had stayed home 24 hours a day with them, my prayers, my faith in my God, my consistency in their lives and my unconditional love for them is what will make them good solid children.

SAHM and WOHM are raising their own children. They have different methods, they may even have different views but they are women. They are mothers. They love their children. They aren't better than one another; SAHM's don't get extra points for organizing the best playdates just like WOHM aren't getting any extra points for staying up all night with a sick kid and making the 8am meeting.

We get extra points for supporting each other. Even when we don't understand the other's world, we can listen, without judgement.

Because in the end, we all have had to watch Max and Ruby one too many times,  we want to shut it down by 8:30pm and watch some mindless tv and we want to share with our fellow sisters about the joys, the triumphs and the anxiety of being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment