Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What if you gave everything?

There's a song I love by Matthew West called "Motions". Every time I hear it, I feel inspired/motivated/convicted to live fully, to truly let God into my soul and let Him take over. To stop making life a series of motion with no heart or passion.

It's that kind of song.

Christian or not, I'm sure you can relate to this song. Do you live in motions or are you getting out there and really living life passionately? Are you consumed with something that makes you want more, do more? Or are you set in a life pattern that has you spinning like a hamster on a wheel?
What if you gave everything? What if you allowed God to consume you with Himself? Allowed the passion to fill you and to live it...

I think passion scares some. It scares me. Because being filled with God's passion means there's action to be taken. Whether that is being more purposeful in relationships, taking real notice of the beauty that surrounds, taking notice of all miracles, or making changes to our lives that might be uncomfortable or challenging. A life that is full of purpose and passion is distinctive. Others see it, feel it, and want to be part of it. People who are living that life have a spark in their eye and an extra bounce in their step. They are truly resting in their passion. In their everything. In their God.

No comments:

Post a Comment