Monday, September 19, 2011

Faith

Miss A was baptized on Saturday. It was an incredible evening and I feel not only proud of her decision but to have been a part of it and to be part of her life.

That evening, as I saw B submerge her into the warm pool, it brought about some wonderful memories. I have been able to witness about two dozen baptism since my own in 2002, but my favorites are by far the ones with people whom I know.

When my little Peanut was baptized I cried. It was a sweet tender moment and I felt overwhelmed with love and comfort. When one specific cousin (in law) was baptized I remember he came out and we all stood around congratulating him and he raised his arms in the air and said he felt himself changed, that he didn't really think he would, but he did.

Christian baptisms to me are the most innocent, pure, and freeing things.

It's making a choice. It's accepting forgiveness. It's letting go and letting God. It's life changing. It's faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment