Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jedis and Padawans

Yesterday was a terrible day. Work was very frustrating and when I picked up Monkey, his teacher told me about the 5 tantrums he'd had that afternoon (it's a record, right?). I asked him to apologize to his teacher for his bad behavior. He wouldn't. I told him if he didn't apologize to her, he wouldn't be going to t-ball practice. He refused (he's a bit stubborn).

No t-ball practice.

I drove away from the preschool with tears in my eyes. I knew I was right but I still felt lousy.

Peanut asked me if I was frustrated and I told him I was just sad. He asked why and I told him I didn't like to discipline because it made the kids sad and he said... "Mom. You're like the Jedi Knight and we are the Padawans. You have to teach us so that we can become a great Jedi just like you!"

Wow.

Thank you Peanut for your wisdom. You are so right my young Padawan.

No comments:

Post a Comment