Monday, May 23, 2011

Influence

"The people who influence us most are not those who buttonhole us and talk to us, but those who live their lives like the stars in heaven and the lilies in the field, perfectly simply and unaffectedly. Those are the lives that mold us.


If you want to be of use to God, get rightly related to Jesus Christ and He will make you of use unconsciously every minute you live." ~ The Utmost for His Highest (Oswald Chambers)

After reading this devotional, I sat on my bed and thought about the people who have molded who I am with their good or bad examples...

I've been touched. I've been changed.
I've touched and I've changed.

That's a frightening thought. Every day I work towards being rightly related to Jesus Christ but I know I fail. I'm learning, trying and I pray that as I move towards building a stronger, more consistent relationship that He'll be able to use more of me unconsciously every minute I live and use the other moments to demonstrate His grace in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment