Sunday, February 7, 2010

2 boxes of Tic Tacs and my contribution

So whenever something happens and I share with D she always asks "What's your contribution?" I hate that. Because sometimes I don't want to discuss it because sometimes I egged it on but sometimes my contribution was something positive and it turned into crap.

My contribution? Two people who were in desperate need of a financial break. Both wanted the best of both worlds, a good place to stay and some extra money in order to create some flexibility to do what they wanted to do. So I suggest, "Hey move in together!" What I must have failed to mention is "Hey, before you move in together, communicate. Sit, talk, chat about what life will be like when you live together. Talk about what could go wrong, what will go wrong and what you will do about it." Why did I fail to communicate that part? Cause I thought they'd figure it out on their own.

As I head over to the house to pick up the kids I ponder this situation while downing two boxes of Tic Tacs.

Now there are calls and texts to me about what happened; what went wrong. He said/she said. I can see both sides, that's the crazy part. She did this, he did that. Yep, I can see very clearly how it went down and I can see how both sides would end up being hurt and mad. I can see both sides of the mistakes made. Do I agree with either one of them? Honestly? Nope. I love them both very much but I can't take a side. That might be a sign of growth or a sign of shutting down. Either way, I'm fine with it.

My contribution: Not minding my own business
The result: Broken friendships

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I find this hard to believe, that you not minding your own business = broken friendships. Isn't it just you wanting to help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant broken as in the two of them but I suppose altered between the three of us. I was just trying to help but it seems the helping ended up hurting. ugh!

    ReplyDelete