Sunday, February 14, 2010

11 years

11 years ago today, I moved to the United States. I followed my heart and moved to another country, far away from everything I knew. As hard as it is to be over 1,300 miles away from my home, my family, my roots... I know it was the right choice.

I am a blessed woman. I have had (so far!) a really great life, surrounded by really great people. I am in a city that I love, with friends and family that support and love me. I have an enormous God who "has my back" and loves me unconditionally.

Through many twists and turns, the last 11 years have brought me a lot of really good moments of hurts and loves. This isn't where I thought I would be when I drove across the country so long ago, but this is where I am. And I am home.

2 comments:

  1. Although we miss you dearly Ren, this is EXACTLY what I tell people when they ask me "Is Ren ever going to move back home?"...

    Because I knew way back then, that you would find love and greatness in any situation - and THAT would become your home!

    I miss you dearly my friend... but I am happy to see you have found a place that you love and can call home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The USA is better off by having you here. I know that, at the very least, my little part of the USA is better off with you here.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete