Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I love who you are

I remember siting in my therapist's office naming all these things that I liked about my friends.

She makes me feel safe. 
He makes me feel loved. 
When she's around, I can do anything. 

And here's what D said. 
You want to have a relationship with people based on who they are, not how they make you feel. 

And when I met you, I reminded myself of that daily. 

I created a list of values my future husband would have - and I compared you to it. 

I was easily lost in my feelings for you... There were many... But my mind would swing back to my therapy session.

What was it about you, that made you worthy of me? What was it about you that kept me interested?

It was and still is...

.... your heart for Christ. 
.... your work ethic. 
... your love of family. 
... your heart for the lost. 
... your honesty. 
... your willingness to grow. 
... your humbleness. 
... your leadership. 
... your respect for others. 
... your frugality. 
... your hotness... Yep. I went there. :)

I love you, B. You balance me in every way. You are perfect for me. 

Happy 45th birthday!
Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment