Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sin

Sin is rampant and it's climbing like vines through every crevice of our world. It stifles the good and oozes out venom filled curses.

I lay in bed at night, my mind swirling with thoughts of how to "fix" things - how to make this world better. The ones I love, healthier... peaceful. I want to be a savior in their lives. I want to be a tool in the healing of this sin disease.

And again, I am reminded that as a sinner myself, I am at a loss. He, the Savior will save us.

Matthew 19:25-26
When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

I know that as a follower of Christ I have the responsibility to be a light in the world, to look past the sin and look past the hurt and to be an instrument for the good, for the healing, for His love.

I try...
Matthew 5:16
Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
 
It's not easy because I get hurt too... but it's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment