Wednesday, December 17, 2014

All in for Him

On Sunday December 14th, you took a big step.

You chose to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life.

Do you know how incredibly beautiful that is? You chose to live out your life for Christ.
I know that at the tender age of 8, you understand the basics.

Jesus was born of the virgin Mary.
Jesus lived and shared God's love with many.
Jesus died for our sins.
To go to heaven and live eternally with Him, you know you must choose to live for Him and to love like Him.

You haven't yet realized that in this world, living for Him and loving like Him are difficult and most of the time the most difficult thing you'll do. It's a world where goodness is mocked, loving is questioned, and hope is quickly dying.

But you, sweet Monkey, will do beautiful things for His kingdom. I know this because I see you share His Word freely. I hear you share the Good News with your friends... You, sweet boy know who moves the mountains and you aren't afraid to ask Him.

I asked you that night if getting baptized was a hard decision and you said "Nope. I knew this was what I was meant to do my whole life.". I sure am praying that your spark for His goodness will stay strong in your heart for all your earthly life.



Congratulations on your baptism, Monkey. Welcome to the family, Brother!
Love always and eternally,
Mom
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment