Monday, November 24, 2014

Baptism

Last Tuesday (November 18th), I got the immense privilege of being part of a baptism for an incredible woman. This is one of my greatest friends - her testimony is one that deeply touches my heart. She truly has abandoned herself to Him.

She asked me to baptize her. It was an honor to be able to do that. My heart still soars to think about it. She chose me for many reasons but mostly because I've seen her walk first hand and I loved, encouraged, and helped her through it.

If you knew her walk, her dusty road marked with failures and triumphs, with mis-steps and crawls... a walk filled with tears and fears and anxiety and sadness... well, if you knew her walk, you'd be so proud of her too.

God was there with her the whole time. The entire time He watched as she grappled at the world, seeking refuge from it through it. He watched as she doubted Him... He watched as she found glimmers of light but still refused to allow her self to fall into into. He watched as she committed and committed again to live "right"... then... He was with her when she realized what it meant to live in His grace.

Grace is a beautiful place of imperfection and hope. It's a place of healing.
She is healed.
She is His.

No comments:

Post a Comment