Thursday, May 24, 2012

My place

I've been reading "Barefoot Church" and it is blowing my mind.

In bad ways and in good ways.

I have a servant's heart. It's just who God made me. I can't do anything about it (trust me, I've tried).
I want to help, to serve, to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

The problem? I can't say no.
I mean, I can. I have. But it's hard. Because I see so many places that need so much help.
I know that I won't save the world - I'm not totally self involved. But I know I can make a difference.

So where is it? Where does God want me?
I have no clue.

I know He doesn't want me where I am now. Maybe in some places but not all of them. It's too much and I'm not doing it with a happy heart. I'm tired. Restless. Frustrated. Anxious.

I want to be what He wants me to be. I just don't know where my place is.
A couple of years ago, I thought I knew.
But I don't anymore.

So I pray.
I pray that God will soon reveal His plan for me in this particular corner of my world. I pray that my heart will be open enough to hear His words. Hear His plan. Hear His instructions.

Because on that day, I will boldly, enthusiastically and undoubtedly have found my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment