Thursday, March 15, 2012

Once

I have never been more aware of the short time I have left with my parents. I know it sounds morbid. It is.

My dad's been sick for a while now and he's more often than not visiting the hospital because of side effects related to the cancer.

I see them once a year... sometimes less. The moments we have together are precious to me and all these health challenges only reinforce my need to make every moment count.

But that's life isn't it?

I have never been more aware of the short time I have left.

Making every moment count, whether we're 1500 miles apart or 1.
Moments. Life. Breath.
It all counts.

Relationships built, loves won and loss, lessons learned, lasting hugs and gentle touches.

Babies graduate and get married. Life is constantly moving, and moments are constantly slipping away.

The days are long but the years are short. ~Gretchen Rubin

You only get to do it once. Do it well. Do it so it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment