Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lies

I read a friend of mine's blog where she wrote about Satan's lies. Lies about us, our inadequacies, our failures. She finished by asking what lies the devil whispers in our ears. I commented with mine. That I've failed my children because I divorced their father. I know it's a lie. I know beautiful blessings come through all kinds of messes. I know. But Satan has an ugly hand on that part of my heart.

My friend commented back that she was surprised that I struggled with such lies... that I seem to have it all together. Ha! I SOOOO wish I did!

Or maybe I don't.

Because when I have to ask for help, I create beautiful relationships.
Because when I stumble, I am humbled.
Because when I am imperfect, God's love makes me perfect.
Because when I fail, my children learn that it's ok to fail and that there are beautiful lessons to be learned.

I don't have it together. I never will. I stumble, fall and sometimes sit in my mess because I'm too lazy/ashamed/angry to ask God for His help.

I'm such a mess. And I couldn't be happier about it. God's got it all together... I'll just walk under His umbrella of grace!

1 comment: