Monday, February 14, 2011

Duplication

I want there to be 2 of me. That's not too much to ask, is it?

These days I'm feeling like I don't have a great handle on my mommy world, my working world, my dating world and my friendship world. It feels like I have a million things going on and I can't seem to really connect emotionally the way I want to with any of those worlds. Ok, my working world doesn't require a lot of emotional connection but it does need me to emotional be attached to what I'm doing in order to produce quality work.  It's been tough because I'm an emotional person and I need those emotional connections to feel... well connected.

Last week was pretty stressful. I work in a male dominated industry and being a woman, working along side men can have its challenges. It's often hard to be taken seriously and that's a challenge itself but it seemed that last week being a single mom was more of a struggle than normal. Balancing work and the kiddos and doing it well... well, I barely survived. I have an amazing support system and I really couldn't do it without them. I struggle more than I should because if I can't do it with excellence, I don't want to bother. Today, my project wrapped up. I'm exhausted. I'm excited that the project was well done, but my body feels the late hours and the stress filled weekend.

When I get tired, I get crabby. I got crabby. A lot. An apology goes out to my co-workers, family and friends who had to see it, experience it, be a part of it. If anyone knows how to duplicate ones self for just a few hours, let me know

A new week, a new start. A less tired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment