Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Expecting an Answer

I miss that feeling. That rush of superhero power I would get when one of my girlfriends or family members would tell me about their problems and I would go into "fix it" mode. That feeling of that I could help those I love with my actions. That I had this huge impact on their lives.

I miss that sometimes.

But in the recent weeks all that has left me. It's a new feeling, a whole new world. I care just the same about my friends and family and their lives. I pray with all my heart that they may be happy and full of life. I want all the same things I've always wanted for them. But I realized that the prayer I prayed for the entire month of November has just been answered.

I prayed everyday for 1 month for something I'd been missing for so long and I didn't take the time to listen to God's response at the end of the month, but I knew in my heart something was different. I realize now that I didn't pray with a response in mind. I just prayed because I knew I needed it, I just didn't believe, truly believe, He would answer. And He did. Thank you, God!

Today I don't feel the need to save my loved ones from the consequences of their choices. Today I want to assist God, I just don't want to try and take His job. Today I know I am filled with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment