Friday, January 9, 2015

Ringing in the New Year {2015}

I realize it's been 9 days since the beginning of 2015. I realize that my head is full of things to document on my blog and I haven't done much about it. But what I also realize is that I'm trying to be kinder to my Type A self and so I'm going with it... 9 days after the start of 2015, I'm blogging about it because I want the memories etched in my mind for a very long time and writing them out is the best way I know how.

Back in November I brought it up. I told him I wanted to invite a few people over for the New Year cause I wanted to do something fun this year. Typically, the kids invite a friend, they do their thing and I work on church stuff while B sleeps next to me. Not this year. No way. I want to PARTY! Or at least play games and see the time change.

So he obliged.
B is not one for big parties or loud rompus, so this my friends, was a big deal.
My "few" friends turned into 30+ people... whateves - it was a blast!

B organized a ping pong championship, the girls played the largest game of Apple-to-Apples ever (14 players?!), we talked, we ate a ton and we laughed even more.

Just before the clock changed to midnight, I pulled out the pots and pans and wooden spoons and the kids headed out on the deck to ring it in, the old fashion way. They giggled and laughed and banged just as hard as they could. And when they were in the midst of popping poppers and snapping snappers, B hollered at me by the patio door and I sneaked over we kissed just a minute into the new year.

It was wonderful.
I can't wait to do it again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment