Friday, August 29, 2014

Resolution

We ask our children to step out into their little world each day and be the light. Be more like Jesus. Show others compassion, forgive them, love them when they are unlovable.

We ask this of them because we expect it. We expect it from them and we expect it from ourselves. Are we perfect at it? No. Are they? No. But we are all trying.

And so for nearly 9 months I have personally been in conflict with someone. Do I feel justified, you bet. Does this make the conflict justified? Heck no! I don't want to live in conflict. It's draining even though I don't talk to this person. It's draining because in my heart, I know it's not right. I know that as a true follower of Christ, my behavior is not ok.

You see, I haven't made a real attempt to find a resolution. I've thrown out some "business" type words to express myself but I've not ever spoken from the heart and I think that the foundation of every resolution, is the heart.

I reached out. We're going to meet. I'm going to pray.
I'm doing this because it's the right thing to do for all of us regardless of egos and hurt feelings and past mistakes. I'm doing this because He died for me regardless of egos, and hurt feelings, and all of my past mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment