Monday, August 18, 2014

The Plot

"I just love this family so much."

This is it.

Maybe it's the comment she made, maybe it's my birthday, maybe it's my head thinking entirely too much lately, or maybe it's truth.

This time, right now, is "life". This is what we'll be holding on to when the kids have grown and left. The walls of our homes filled with memories of laughter and tears. Of memories. Of hopes and dreams.

I realize that right now, at this moment, I am living the best times of my life. I am living what I dreamed about during the "introduction" of my life (my childhood).

Of course I don't think that once the children leave and B and I are left hanging out on the front porch that my life will end. It will be beautiful and fruitful, I am sure... but it will be different. The conclusion. I plan to make it a jammed packed one, but again - it will be the conclusion.

And so as I sit in the "plot" of my life. As I walk through the reoccurring themes of children, activities, carpool, house projects and the never ending bills, I am filled with peace.

When my children state that they love our family, I know this plot is a treasured one.

No comments:

Post a Comment