Monday, June 2, 2014

Keep Making Me

You know that one song that you listen to over and over again and when it comes on the radio, you turn up the music as loud as you can and sing with all your might? Well... my current favorite is Keep Making Me by the Sidewalk Prophets.

Make me broken
So I can be healed
'Cause I'm so calloused
And now I can't feel
I want to run to You
With heart wide open
Make me broken

Make me empty
So I can be filled
'Cause I'm still holding
Onto my will
And I'm completed
When you are with me
Make me empty

'Til You are my one desire
'Til You are my one true love
'Til You are my breath, my everything
Lord, please keep making me

Make me lonely
So I can be Yours
'Til I want no one
More than You, Lord
'Cause in the darkness
I know You will hold me
Make me lonely

I love this song. I love the words, I love the meaning and I love what it does to my heart.
And it scares the crap out of me.

To grow in Him, I have to be broken and that is not a fun place to be. But that's what I'm asking when I sing/worship. I want to be closer to Him and I need to be struggling to turn around and look frantically for my Father. I do. I'm so imperfect and human...

I asked myself the other day if I truly meant it. Do I want to be broken?
I have been broken before... a few times. And it was ugly.
Do I want to be stripped of me? My securities, the things that make me, me?
It's scary. It's not fun. Growing pains, feelings of inadequacy and... hope, love, comfort. Him.

Do I want to be broken?
Yes.
I want more. More for me, more for my relationship with Him. More for my family. I want to be broken so that I can be whole. And so I pray for this. That the world breaks me so He can heal me. So that He truly is my one and only desire.

Lord, please keep making me.

No comments:

Post a Comment