Monday, June 23, 2014

Monkey Growth

I am enjoying you very much.

You are in this phase of growth where I see some glimpses of maturity, understanding, and patience... then there are times when it's back to the stomping, yelling, and slamming doors (which you've been trained to slowly close (correctly) 3 times for every 1 door slammed).

You make me laugh with your silly sense of humor.
You make up stories none of us can follow.
You love, love. love to snuggle with me.
You get excited about everything.
You like a plan... and the plan must be followed (hello, Type A).

You state things and follow it up with "Am I right, Mom?"
It really wouldn't matter what you say at this point because it's so stinkin' cute, I'd agree to just about anything.

You are getting to be so very independent.
You are going to leave on a church trip with your brother in a couple of weeks. It's overnight. OVERNIGHT.
I don't know who will have a harder time... me or you.

I'm learning that your love languages are time and touch. I'm working on providing you bunches of both.

I love you, Monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment