Friday, May 31, 2013

Taking the plunge

When she brought it up, I laughed it off. I am not exactly a risk taker. I do things in a very controlled manner. I like plans. I am Type A. 

But she asked. And she totally used the YOLO card and she said she wanted to do this thing with me. 

Yes. They all pretty much have me wrapped around their little finger. 

So, we did it. We put on the harnesses, we were lifted 300 feet and after she yanked the cord, we "flew". 

That's what the people who work there call it. Listen up, there's no flying... Well, not at first. At first you just fall. Fast. Towards the water. Together. And you scream. We did that a lot. One of us may have screamed longer than the other. 

And then the rope yanks you up and I guess you can consider that flying. You know... Once you stop praying to God for safety. 

We did. We dropped 300 feet together. We both walked away shaking, laughing and with a crazy new memory. One I will cherish forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment