Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Privilege

I have noticed it these past few months. 

You have faced some hard lessons. Ones I had to let you learn. It ripped my heart but it had to be done. And you accepted them all. Every struggle you faced you took the time to "sit in it" and I walked away while you sorted it out.

We both knew you'd come talk to me when you were good and ready. When you were able to process the consequences. 

We talk, like always, about different choices you could have made.  I tell you that I love you. 

And, even after the hurt (self inflicted or not) you always acknowledge that you know that I allow things to happen so that you can grow. As you put it "that's your job, Mom". 

Not until you become a parent yourself  will you understand how truly terrifyingly beautiful that statement is. It is my job...And  there will be more (many I am sure) moments like the ones in the past months and I want you to know... this job of mine... It's a privilege I never want to take for granted. 

I love you, Peanut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment