Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Precious relationship

I just finished reading a book that wasn't all the great. It was kinda lousy. It was about two women who were best friends and their friendship through different stages of their lives. And it was real and raw.  I was kinda in the mood for fake and happily ever after, you know?

Anyway, it made me think of my bff. That girl is busy. And this girl is busy. Do you know what that equals? Lots of not seeing each other. She's a piece of my sanity. She's the one I can say WHATEVER to and she gets me. She totally gets my heart and she says exactly what I need to hear (whether I want to hear it or not!). She knows every single thing about me. She's the Thelma to my Louise, the Mary to my Rhoda, the peanut to my jelly... you get it...

Last week as I was reading through the book and I realized that there are different ways to stay connected to her without having to see her since right now it's just not going to happen as much as we both want it to. So I decided to send her a text every day about whatever. Sometimes it's a rant about something that's on my heart. Sometimes it's a picture of the inside of my fridge (we had an exuberant amount of yogurt and I thought she'd get a laugh out of it... she did) and sometimes it's me sending her a pic of my office to tell her that I think of her everyday.

Because near or far, busy or not... this relationship is precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment